Friday, September 22, 2006

Hugo Chavez Is the New Oprah

Apparently, Hugo Chavez can sell books. Hegemony or Survival, Noam Chomsky’s latest work condemning U.S. foreign policy and claiming America has imperialist ambitions, hit #1 on Amazon today because of his rant at the UN.

I’m not a big fan of Chomsky but I must admit I haven’t read much of his work other than what I’ve perused at my local Barnes & Noble. What I did read was mostly polemic, unequivocally condemning, and outlandishly partisan.

The books I like to read are those that are driven by facts and supplemented with opinion; instead, works from Chomsky, Coulter, Limbaugh, and Franken are driven by opinion supplemented by facts.

But maybe I’ll drink the KoolAid and pick it up at the library. But probably not.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GODDAMMIT! You liberals are all the same. Blame America first! Why not just go join up with Bin Laden and the Taliban if you hate us so much! GODDAMMIT!

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home