Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Favorite Rumsfeld Quotes

KUDOS TO MY FRIEND ROGER FOR sending me some of these great Rummy quotes:

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when itstarted."

"Death has a tendency to encourage a depressing view of war."

"As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

"There's another way to phrase that and that is that the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."

"I'm not into this detail stuff. I'm more concepty."

"As you know, you go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time."

"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't, I'll just respond, cleverly."

"[Former] Secretary Powell and I agree on every single issue that has ever been before this administration except for those instances where Colin's still learning."

"We do know of certain knowledge that he [Osama Bin Laden] is either in Afghanistan, or in some other country, or dead."

"I believe what I said yesterday. I don't know what I said, but I know what I think, and, well, I assume it's what I said."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home