Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Hollywood, Bollywood, Hong Kong, and Now Caracas?

VENEZUELAN PRESIDENT HUGO CHAVEZ recently announced that he will be opening a film studio in his country to counter Hollywood's "messages that don't belong to our traditions." Chavez's goal is to roll back US cultural influence on Latin and South America.

Dictators are megalomaniacs. They are very much like movie stars, playing to their audiences with fervor and relishing in their approval. Perhaps this is why they develop an enamoration for the American cinema industry. After all, North Korean dictator Kim Jong Il once kidnapped a couple of South Korean actors and forced them to perform in front of him for his amusement. Now that is what I call a crazed maniacal evil genius. Oh Hugo, why can't you be more like our beloved despot like Kim?


1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I've always wanted my own private troupe of actors. Maybe I'll become despot of a small island country and send my serfs to Juliard, so they can act for me.

Chris (My Blog)

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home